Thurgoona 2015 - A gathering not to be missed!
Another absolutely fantastic and informative gathering. Thurgoona 2015 was a huge success!
Most of the talks are now up in the Members Only section of the website. To access this, log in using your member name and password and click on the Members Only Content heading.
If you are not a member ... you are missing out on essential information to inform and support your garlic experience.
Join the AGIA here
Below you can find information about the 2015 annual AGIA Seminar held on 1st and 2nd of August.
This gives you an idea of the scope and depth of the information that was covered over this weekend.
Garlic Industry trade display
Erme Specialist garlic machinery http://www.serafinmachinery.com.au/content/erme
Weed Gunnel Solving your weed problem http://www.weedgunnel.com.au/
Farmteck Mulching machinery http://www.farmtech.com.au/
Organic Crop Protectants Feeding your garlic crop http://ocp.com.au/
2015 Seminar Program
Saturday 1 st August
- 9.00-9.05 Chairman’s Welcome
- 9.05-9.15 Will Gordon HIA, New opportunities for industry
- 9.15-10.05 Making your business more Profitable, Predictable and Reliable, Graeme Sayer Murray Hume BEC
- 10.05-10.30 ERME, Specialist garlic machinery, Rodney Dunn from Serafin Machinery
- 10.30-11.00 Morning Tea
- 11.00 -12.20 Growing garlic; scaling up and investment decisions, Letetia Ware
- 12.20- 12.30 Weed Gunnel, weed control material, Chris Minogue
- 12.30-1.15 Lunch
- 1.15-2.20 Garlic Groups and cultivars with an emphasis on harvesting times, storage and flavour, Penny Woodward
- 2.20-2.30 An international perspective of the garlic industry, Jonathon Hart Engineering and Export Manager ERME
- 2.30-3.00 Afternoon Tea
- 3.00 – 4.00 Understanding and preparing garlic for the wholesale market, Fred Pomme
- 4.00-4.30 Cultivating garlic from bulbils, Roy Cody
- 4.30 onwards AGIA Strategic Plan, John Olliff
- 7.00pm onwards Dinner
Sunday 2 nd August
- 8.30 – 9.50 Understanding soil and plant tissue testing , Suzanne Briggs Victorian Department of Environment and Primary Industry
- 10.00- 10.45 Garlic pests, diseases and virus, Tony Napier AGIA Seminar Survey Forms
- 10.45-11.15 Morning Tea
- 11.15- 12.30 Curing and Storing Garlic, Letetia Ware
- 12.30 Closing address by the Chairman
- 12.30 – 1.00 Lunch
- 1.00 AGIA AGM