Entries are now open for the Australian garlic competition which is organised as part of the Australian Food Awards (AFA).
You can enter your garlic into competition classes for:
· Organic Garlic
Key Dates Entries Close: Friday 10 February 2017, Deliveries: Friday 24 February 2017, Judging: Tuesday 28 February 2017
Entry booklet and forms are here
Exhibitors are required to stipulate the garlic group and cultivar for each of their entries (eg. Group: Artichoke; Cultivar: Australian White or Group: Turban; Cultivar: Ontos Purple).
For detailed information on Australian Garlic groups and cultivars refer to www.australiangarlic.net.au
The awards will be judged by Australia’s leading experts in garlic.
Nine Reasons Why You Should Enter The Australian Food Awards
1. The Australian Food Awards is Australia’s leading national food awards program;
2. Award winning products will receive Gold, Silver & Bronze medals which are a national brand seal of excellence;
3. Exhibitors can benchmark their product against competitors with unique, innovative results reporting, providing more information on where your product is ranked against your competitors;
4. Award winning producers will be provided with the AFA Marketing & PR Kit to assist with promoting your win;
5. Award winning producers have the opportunity to market their products in the Winning Tastes Pavilion & the AFA Deli at the Royal Melbourne Show;
6. Products that are awarded Gold medal status for three consecutive years will be eligible for the Consistency of Excellence Medal;
7. Exhibitors have the opportunity to attend an exclusive Exhibitor Tasting to sample this year’s medal winning product;
8. Exhibitors can attend the AFA Gala Awards Presentation Dinner, held in a unique setting where the Champion Trophies will be announced;
9. Opportunity to be showcased at International and Local Trade Shows and promotional events.
How To Enter
There are four simple steps to enter the Australian Food Awards:
· Read through the entry booklet and the categories you can enter product into;
· Complete the entry form online and arrange payment for your entries or;
· Wait for confirmation of your entries and for your product delivery instructions;
· Deliver the product to the Melbourne Showgrounds by the due date.
For further information on the competition contact Ross Karavis on 03 9281 7435.